Search the Help Pages
Clearing Browser Cache and Cookies
- Forget username / password
What alternative payment options are available?
How do I turn on/off my Cupid email?
How do I update my profile?
What are some tips to remember when creating my profile?
How do I turn off auto-renewal?
- How can I email your customer service department?
Public RelationsIf you want to reach someone in Marketing, Public Relations, Business Development or other Corporate Business click here.
Help TopicsOnce I Join:
Back to Help index
- How do I contact members?
- How do I search for other members?
- How do I get email from other members?
- What if it says my password is incorrect?
- I'm not getting my password or other emails from GetItOn!
How do I contact members?
- Log into GetItOn.
- Enter your username and password.
- Click the "Login" button.
- Locate the profile you wish to contact.
- Once on the member’s profile page, scroll down to the middle of the page to find the email form "Send user an email" or click the "Send an email" link located in the "Interact" section.
- Enter a subject and message.
- Click on the checkboxes for "if you want to save a copy of a message", "attach a copy of your profile", "get emailed when your message is read", or "invite the member to your network" features. (Optional)
- Fill in the Confirm Number.
- Click the "Click to send the above message" button.
How do I search for other members?
How do I get email from other members?
When you get mail, it will appear in your free Message Center. To open your Message Center:
What if it says my password is incorrect?
There could be several reasons why your password and username are not matching up. Try using your browser's "back" button to return to the log in screen. Clear the fields and enter your information again. If this still does not work, we suggest that you use the automated password/username lookup form. Other causes could include:
I'm not getting my password or other emails from GetItOn!
Most email providers now routinely employ anti-spam software. Unfortunately, because of the number of emails getiton.com sends out, your email provider might be classifying some GetItOn messages as spam. To make sure that you receive email from other GetItOn members, as well as announcements and updates, please select your email provider from the list below and follow the instructions provided.
A note on receiving GetItOn email:
Occasionally, you might receive a large amount of email from GetItOn in one day. Even if you don't want to read all the emails at once, please do not report any email from GetItOn as junk or spam. If you do that, it's likely that all your future GetItOn emails will be labeled as spam, and you won't receive them.
Choose your email provider:
1. Do not click the "Junk" button when you are viewing any GetItOn email. Marking one GetItOn email as junk will cause all other emails from GetItOn to be automatically delivered to your Junk Email folder and deleted.
2. Check your Junk Email folder. If you find an email from GetItOn in your Junk Email folder, open the email and click the "Not Junk" button.
3. Complete the following steps to ensure that you receive all future GetItOn emails:
a) Choose "Options" at the upper right of your inbox screen.
b) Choose the first mail option, "Junk E-Mail Protection."
c) Choose the link, "Safe List."
d) Type "getiton.com" in the address box.
e) Click the "Add" button.
f ) Click "OK" when the address you entered is in the Safe List box.
1. Do not click the "Spam" button when you are viewing any GetItOn email. Marking one GetItOn email as spam may prevent you from getting any future GetItOn emails.If you click the "Spam" button by mistake, find the GetItOn email in your Spam Folder and click the "Not Spam" button at the top of the Spam Folder."
2. Add GetItOn email addresses to your Address Book by completing the following steps:
a) From your Inbox, select "Add" from the "Addresses" drop-down menu.
Or, click the "Add Contact" button.
b) Enter any of the GetItOn email addresses from email you've received into the "Email" field. Some common GetItOn email addresses are:
America Online (AOL)
1. Do not click the "Report Spam" button when you are viewing any GetItOn email. Reporting one GetItOn email as spam may prevent you from getting any future GetItOn emails.
2. If you have clicked the "Report Spam" button by mistake, find the GetItOn email in your Spam Folder and click the "This is Not Spam" button at the top of the Spam Folder.
3. To ensure that you receive all future GetItOn emails, add GetItOn email addresses to your AOL Email Address Book by completing the following steps:
a) In your AOL Mailbox, click "Addresses" at the top of the page.
b) Click "New" and select "New Contact" from the drop-down menu.
c) Enter the GetItOn email addresses into the Email 1 and Email 2 fields as shown below.
d) Click the "Save" button at the bottom of the page.
4. You can also set up your Spam filter using the following steps:
a) Click "Settings" at the upper right corner of the page.
b) Choose "Spam Controls" from the list, then click the "Control From Whom I Get Email" button.
c) You can select "Allow mail only from people I know," since you've added GetItOn to your address book.
Note: If you choose "Allow mail only from senders on my Custom Senders List," be sure to click on the Custom Senders List link and add the GetItOn email addresses you entered into your Address Book However, if you choose the "Block mail from all senders on my Custom Senders List," make sure NO GetItOn email addresses are on the list. If you choose the "Allow mail only from AOL and AIM members" or the "Block mail from all senders" options, you will NOT receive your GetItOn email.
d) Click the "Save" button at the bottom of the page.
1. In the "Quick Contacts" section on the left side, click "Add Contact." In the resulting text box, type each of the following email addresses and click the "Save" button after each entry.
Microsoft Network (MSN)
1. Choose the "Junk E-mail" link at the bottom left of your inbox.
2. Select the third Guard Settings link: "Safe List."
3. Enter the following email addresses in the "Email" field of the pop-up window:
1. From the Tools menu, select "Options."
2. At the "Preferences" tab, under E-mail, click "Junk E-mail."
3. Click the "Safe Senders" or "Safe Recipients" tab.
4. Click "Add."
5. Type the following email addresses in the address box:
Other ISPs and/or e-mail programs (e.g.Thunderbird)
1. Add the following addresses to any address books or safe lists for your email service provider: